Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Tuesday, November 4

“I want to hold it cause I voted for Obama!”

Many stories are going to come out of today; a lot of things are going to happen at the polls. Some stories will make the 6:00 news, be splashed all over the newspapers, and be blogged about for days. Some stories will make a big brouhaha and then be forgotten about tomorrow. There are some stories though that no one will hear about, other than those who were there when it happened. Those are the stories though that later on, a couple of generations down the road, there's going to be an old person sitting with a young person at their knee, telling them about the first time they were able to vote for REAL change. I saw one of those stories happen today.

A little girl of about 3 or 4 came out of the polling place with her mother while I was in line. Her mother had two stickers in her hand, the little girl was almost crying because she wanted her sticker. Her mother said hold on, I’ll put it on for you. The little girl said no! I want to hold it! Her mother asked her why; she said “I want to hold it cause I voted for Obama!”

Of course it doesn’t sound as cute when reading it as it did when I heard it, but it just goes to show, EVERYONE is getting involved. Little children who are too young to know what all this means will be able to grow up and tell their children and grandchildren that they were there the day there was a black man to vote for as President of these United States; whether he wins or not (although I pray he does!) history was made today!

Make sure you get out and vote! You can't complain if you don't try to change things.

No comments: