Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Wednesday, June 3

Update on Troy Davis

Since the day I came here to Bikini Bottom this case is one that I have kept up with. There are a lot of things that disturb me about this country, so much so that if I were physically and financially able, I would leave it and go elsewhere. Nothing bothers me more than cases like this though, cases that emphasize not only the disparities in our justice system, but the downright insanity and injustice of a system that is supposed to keep us safe, and if we're innocent, keep us free. I'm not usually one of those "if it was a white man" people, but in this case I wonder. If the cop had been black and the suspect white, or if the suspect had been white period, with no evidence against him save the word of 9 people, one of whom wasn't sure and one of whom was also a suspect, would he have been sentenced to death for murder? If he had been, would he have gotten a new trial when the 7 witnesses recanted? Unfortunately, with the climate in this country the way it is, (despite now having a black president) I wonder....

Troy Davis' case is before the US Supreme Court. If it's turned down here, which most people seem to think it will be, then it goes back to Savannah, GA, and it will be up to the new District Attorney whether or not to reopen the case. Please, go to this link, read about Troy Davis, and send a letter to the new District Attorney. There are a lot of Troy Davises out there that need our help, but we can't help all of them. Perhaps we CAN help this one.

Reopen the Troy Davis Case

Shared via AddThis

No comments: