Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Saturday, January 11

Why Are We Always So Quick To Believe the "Children"?

The title of the video read:

Woman Forced Daughter Out In The Cold So She Could Smoke Crack


My interest was piqued by this for several reasons, not the least of them being that as a recovered 'rock star' (slang for crack addict), woman, and mother I could not see how anyone could be that addicted to crack that they would force their child outdoors in the frigid temperatures we just had! And I'm not saying that they wouldn't do it because of these great  motherly instincts; although the majority keep them, a lot of women out there lost any type of motherly instincts they had the first time they hit the pipe! No, they wouldn't do it because they would know that they could get arrested, and who would want to have their high ended with that booming knock on the door, and the accusation of child abuse? (For those saying "maybe she just wanted the rock that bad" I say bullshit! If she wanted the rock that bad, not her daughter, her mother, or St. Peter from the Pearly Gates would have mattered, she would have smoked right in front of them if she had to! That's too much time away from smoking, having to make someone go outside! lol) So anyway, I digress...

I can say honestly not only did none of my children ever see me actually using (but yes, perhaps they saw me after I'd used) I would have never dreamed of making them go outside! I might have gone in the bathroom and 'taken a long hot bubble bath' (ha ha ha) but no way would they have left, and I would have left and found somewhere else before I would have had one of my children do it! This is what made it so hard for me to take that headline seriously; I thought it would be something like in The Enquirer, where the headlines are based in truth, but it's been twisted around so much you don't even recognize it anymore. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. This woman is accused of sending her 16 year old child to her aunt's house a mile away, in the temperatures we had from that polar snap last week.  The daughter claims that her mother FORCED her to leave so that she could smoke crack. 

Okay, now I have to get a little bit racist here for a moment; please don't jump up and down people, it's just for the sake of the story. If we were talking about little blonde and blue-eyed, 110 lb Pollyanna from Mayberry, I could possibly believe it, but then we didn't have crack in Mayberry, did we? No, we're talking about a 16 year old, (probably) about 140 lbs, taller than her mother,  and if she had enough gumption to go to the police and cry "Crack!" then she also had enough to tell her mother "It is 16" below out there, I ain't going nowhere less you get me a ride!" They don't give all the details, but it does say that the mother's claim is that she told the daughter she could go if she wanted to. Now I'm not defending the mother at all, if crack was involved, then mom is guilty of something, if only not having good damn sense. But in my opinion, the scenario probably went something like this: Mom, (with or without company, with or without crack) in the bedroom, door shut. Daughter in her room or in the living room, bored to death, wants to go out somewhere. She asks Mom, who naturally says "Girl, get the hell away from my door asking them stupid questions! You know they said shouldn't nobody be outdoors!" and goes back to whatever she was doing. Daughter getting upset, she tired of sitting in the house, wants to go to So-and-so's, but nobody has a ride and Mom won't take her cause she busy in the bedroom. After a couple more tries, which get more and more heated cause Mom getting fed up, she hollers at daughter "Look you not gonna keep bothering me with this dumb stuff! You go wherever you want, I don't care. Bet you won't make it far as your aunt's house before you be running back in here crying cause it's too cold!" Well, daughter upset now, cause she wanted Mom to take her, not to call her bluff! So, she decides she can do it, she'll call her mother's bluff! She bundles up, goes outside, and immediately regrets it, but she can't go back in cause then her mother will have been right to tell her to stay in the house. What does she do? Decides she can't tell anyone it was her idea to come outside cause they'd say she was stupid, so she'll tell them it was her mother's fault! Yeah, great idea, and they'll believe her because she's a child, and they always believe the children in these cases!

So bam. We've got a mother under $1000 bond, in jail, and a daughter who might lose some skin and maybe meat from her hands for staying out there that long.  I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS THE STORY, please don't think that, it's merely one hypothesis that COULD have happened. My point is, the child knows that we always believe the child and uses that to her advantage!  IF it happened that way she's not the first, and I'm sure won't be the last! How many cases have we heard about with children coming forward and saying they were beaten, or raped, or locked in a closet, when nothing actually happened, all because they were mad at one or both of their parents and wanted to get back at them? It used to be "I'll run away, that will fix them", now it's "I'll call the police, that will fix them" and it's that way because we always believe the child! Now, in the case of a younger child, sure I can see it; most of them are not grown enough to lie about things like that. A 16 year old though? Come on! And we are the ones who gave them the power to do it! There are kids who are being abused, but there are also kids who, for lack of attention, or to get even with someone will lie about being abused, and we need to work on finding a way to tell the difference between the two. In my opinion, we can't listen to the so-called 'child experts' that are out here now, they're the ones who told us that spanking our children is wrong and it makes them dysfunctional, and kids should be able to call the police and send us to jail for disciplining them. To those 'experts' I say Hooey! Try getting on a public transit system, bus or train, in any major city, and see how many of these children have manners, don't swear at you, and will offer their seat in senior seating to an elderly or disabled person. If you're lucky, you might see one, and that's usually the one that is alone because the other kids make fun of them. Now if that's not enough to make a child dysfunctional I don't know what is!

I know I've really rambled here, this is one of those subjects that just drives me nutz. We accept whatever these kids say and punish the parents who really, may have done nothing wrong except in the child's mind when they were denied something that they wanted. (Again I state, I am not talking about this case specifically, I DO NOT KNOW what happened here!) The only thing I'm saying about this case is that me personally, I would not immediately jump to take the girl's word for what happened, there would  be a lot of investigation into the entire case and the history of their relationship before I  decided on what to do. If the mother did do what the daughter said, then throw the book at her, but if they find she didn't, I'd say daughter needs some intense, inpatient mental treatment, rid her of whatever it is that would make her do something like that to her parent.

No comments: