Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Wednesday, March 1

Nothing Deep Today, I'm On a Rant!!

What Has Happened to Customer Service?


It's been allowed to grow old and die, that's what's happened to it! Somehow the old way of doing things, of caring for the people who pay your bills everyday, THE CUSTOMERS, has gone the way of the dodo bird and tight short shorts on male basketball players. No one cares anymore, no one is being taught manners, or chivalry or given a book by Emily Post! What does this say for the people of this world?

This is what set me off today:

I don't normally do a product or service review unless I've really really liked something, but I'm making an exception today. This Early Bird Books has me so angry; the page had 5 books marked as free, with Amazon, Barnes & Noble,  iTunes, and Open Road Media listed as places to purchase them from. YES, I said purchase!!
  
Banner from Early Bird Books website
(Click on the caption if you'd like to visit the page for yourself.)

Let me clarify something. My preferred method of reading nowadays is on my Kindle HDX 7, so I exclusively use Amazon when ordering books. Of the 5 books listed, one (1) was available for free, the other four (4) had prices listed!!! I did not check the other retailers, so perhaps the books are free somewhere else, but all the title says is "Free Ebooks to Download Today".  There is no qualifying statement, or explanation given that might shed some light on the situation I found myself in after doing all the clicking through to see if I could get what they were offering.  After staring at the title of the site about 50 times, something caught my attention; above the books is the title , and the Share buttons and blah blah blah, but there is also the date. The date on it is February 24, 2017!! That should  make me feel better, right? Okay they probably WERE free back then! It doesn't make it better though, for me it makes it worse. What happened to the customer service that should have been taking care of stuff like this? To me it says that the site has not been updated, no one has even bothered to remove the old content, so no one gives a hoot about any prospective customers or even the returning customers who might want to see something new!! 

What kind of shady outfit is this that cares so little for the people who use its site? 

Has anyone else had any experience with them?

No comments: