Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Wednesday, May 21

Okay, now they've gone WAAAY too far!! Not Sponge Bob!!!

How can anyone call Sponge Bob Square Pants GAY???
(see story
So SpongeBob Pants is gay. Who cares?) This is utterly ridiculous; it's even worse than the whole thing with Tinky Winky was! How far are the Right-Wingers and the Fundies willing to go? They pull this stuff out of their butts and try to make a big issue of it. My grandson has been watching Sponge Bob since it first came on the air, (he's 7 now) and there's no issue of him being in any way 'funny'. Matter of fact, his favorite cartoon character is now Spiderman! Wonder if they'll find an issue with him since he wears tights? Probably not, since he's been around as long as he is and is like Superman, an American icon....

The older I get, the harder I find it to accept (to even believe) that this country I've spent my life in has this undercurrent of bigotry, vengefulness, and downright stupidity running underneath the veneer of generosity and Friend To All-ness. It's no wonder Michelle Obama said what she said. Look at the things America has been doing to the citizens of its own country and continues to do! Look at the poor American families in the Appalachian mountains who have been starving for years, while we pump millions of dollars in food supplies to Third World countries. Look at the discrimination that is practiced here on a daily basis, while we're over in countries of the Middle East telling them how to run their daily lives. Look at all the soldiers that are dying over there in that senseless war going on while we're telling other countries they should make peace with their enemies. This country took all those women's children away from them, (in West Texas) and placed them in foster homes, yet they are always making pleas for people to adopt or be foster parents to the thousands of children who already do not have homes. Why are they making these people submit to DNA tests and go to court to get their children back? So what if they household they lived in was different from "the norm"; these are children with mothers who love them, and they have been just ripped away and told that the way they live is wrong, that their whole life is a lie. Those people were practicing their faith the way that worked for them, the way they always had; who is the government to just make the blanket judgment that all these children need to be removed?

This is all my opinion of course, but in my opinion this government does need a radical change, more of a change than going Democrat will make. I couldn't even begin to make suggestions as to how, but I know the whole mindset of this country needs to change. Not only is the government doing the things it's doing, but we are sitting back and allowing it to happen, and that needs to stop. The apathy has to be overcome, somehow, and we need to stand up for ourselves and for all those who have been run over by this government who can't stand up for themselves.

Starting with Sponge Bob.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hey Pookie,

Nice to see you are a fellow blogger...I like the way you write, and your ability to get your message out. I am going to add you to my blogroll...I post under the name Lori, my middle name, as I am rather blunt, so I don't want to let anyone, like my co-workers, know who the real me is...