Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Sunday, May 11

Why Should Hillary quit?

Although I don't like the dirty pool the Clinton team has been playing, and I don't really relish the idea of another Clinton in the White House, I agree that Hillary should keep playing until the game is over. If she quits, there are always going to be those that say we'll never know if Obama would have won if she hadn't quit, and I for one want there to be no doubt in anyone's mind about who the winner of this contest is.

The writer of this article "Quitters Never Win" and I may not agree on who the President should be, but we do agree on one thing: Hillary Clinton should not quit. She has a responsibility to herself and to the young women of this country to run the race until it's over. Whether she wins or not, she will have taught a valuable lesson to young women everywhere, one that they need to learn. You do not quit just because it looks like maybe you won't win; you stay in the race and you give it all you've got until it's over. You run just as hard and just as long as you did in the beginning of the race; let no one say that you gave up, that you were a quitter.

Yes, at times I've thought that maybe she should just give up, but for one thing the race is too close for her to throw in the towel. I am realistic enough to admit that at any moment things could swing in her favor, and she'd be the one pushing for Obama to quit. (Because we know that's the way the Clinton camp is, that would be the first thing to come from their collective Clinton mouth!) It would be unfortunate in my opinion if it did go to her; I'm beginning to see that the underhanded way she plays is not good for this country. We already know she's two-faced, and subject to change her mind every time she changes her underwear, but do we really want someone who is so negative towards her opponent, who has campaign workers right and left making negative personal comments about him? Do we want someone in office who will use whatever underhanded tricks they have to use to get what they want? I don't think so.... I know politics is considered "a game", but I'm sorry, I just don't like the way she plays. She cheats, lies, and tries to downgrade her opponent so that she can win, and that's NOT the way this particular game should be played. It should be the better person who wins, not the nicer person who loses.

Let Hillary stay in the race. Let her keep trudging the campaign trail, and making her appearances, and giving her own money to her campaign; let her stay in the race right up until they get to the finish line. I want to see Obama break the ribbon ahead of both her and McCain; I think it will make for a much more interesting race, but it will also prove who the better candidate is.

No comments: