Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Wednesday, June 18

Court rules against gay mom on ending joint custody

I love it!! The court ruled against her!! In an earlier post, I talked about Denise Fairchild and Therese Leach's custody battle over a child that Fairchild had while they were living together. The court granted them joint custody, but after they broke up, Fairchild decided that being a lesbian was a terrible thing and wanted to not only take custody away from Leach, she wanted to deny her visitation rights!! This child is 11 years old, and has always had these two parents in his life, and she suddenly wants to rip it all away from him; I think that's sad, and I'm glad the court ruled against her. I do not agree that a child needs a mother and a 'father'; look at how many children are growing up in single parent homes (either mother or father) and are turning out great. Also look at how many children are growing up in two parent homes and turn into total delinquents, criminals, psychopaths, drug addicts, etc. I don't think how many parents you have is what makes the difference; it's the parental influence you get that matters. I got 'sent away' from one parent because they thought I was 'incorrigible'; the other parent had no idea how to raise a child, especially one who thought she was grown at age 12. Both of them are ministers; they both did the best they could, as I was never abused (not by either of them anyway) and never neglected, but I still turned out to be the so-called black sheep of the family. My family was totally straight, yet I'm a lesbian. It's not who you grow up with that determines anything, it's how those you grow up with teach you, support you, encourage you...it's what kind of treatment you get (or don't get ) that determines who and what you grow up to be.

Denise Fairchild, imo, has totally screwed up that child. How do you live with two people during your formative years, learning one thing about sexuality, and then when you're about 8 or 9 you're suddenly taken out of the home, told you can't see one parent, and told that the way you've always lived is now wrong? An adult might be able to cope with that, but not a young child, and it's ridiculous for her to do that to her own son. What kind of mother would want to confuse her child like that? I suppose to her it's in the name of "what's best for him"....

Oh well, she'll probably take it to the Supreme Court now, and I just hope they have as much good sense as the lower court did.

2 comments:

Dharma Kelleher said...

That's a fascinating story! Thanks for sharing it.

Lori said...

Some people forget that being a parent is about doing what's best for the child. It's a sad state of affairs...when ego gets in the way...