Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Tuesday, April 29

Have You Wondered Why I Call This Bikini Bottom?


I call this Live from Bikini Bottom because with all the murkiness of the issues of society in this day and age, sometimes I feel like I'm underwater. I'm swimming for all I'm worth, trying to get my head above water, but every time I think I'm there, and I get ready to take a deep breath of clean, fresh air, I'm smacked in the face by another wave, or the tail fin of a huge underwater creature. There's no black and white anymore; nothing is clear. Instead everything is gray and mixed up and murky... Sometimes, I just get so tired of swimming; I don't want to struggle to understand anymore why people do the things they do, how they can treat each other the way they do, so I just accept what is and float lazily along... but then something happens like the Jena 6, or Sean Bell, and I get so worked up by the creatures I see around me that I start furiously kicking and splashing and just wanting to lash out at anything or anyone that comes too close.

I chose 'Bikini Bottom' (from the Sponge Bob Square Pants animated show) for the name of my 'online world' because the creatures that I see around me sometimes are just like the ones that populate the undersea world of Bikini Bottom. While they have humanoid characteristics, they just cannot be humans; the way they act is totally contrary to the way one expects humans, creatures created by God, to act. They are so completely different, behaving in such odd ways, just like the denizens of Sponge Bob's world. None of them behave the way you would expect fish to behave; even though they look like fish, they are so obviously something else entirely.

Hopefully, with this blog, I'll be able to shine a little light into my own cloudy, murky little corner of Bikini Bottom, if not for you then at least for myself. I'm going to try to make it just a little bit clearer; or at least a little easier to live in.

PS and if you're wondering why the font is the way it is throughout this post, it's reflective of my mood....

No comments: