Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Saturday, April 26

NewsOne.com & the grandson of Malcolm X

I watched the video shoot of Malcolm X's grandson, Malcolm Shabazz, and while I don't think that he looks much like his grandfather, there is a certain something... I can just as easily see him in hip-hop clothes with an Uzi as I see him here in the clothing of his grandfather's time with the rifle. He is a young black man, a symbol of our times; just released from prison, another visit in a long line of chaos and struggle that began long before his grandmother's death at his hand. (see Betty Shabazz left near death) He is also a symbol of the struggle his grandfather fought for so long, a struggle that ended with his death on the floor of the Audubon on February 21, 1965.

This is a powerful video; well done NewsOne.com. I hope we see (and hear) more about Malcolm Shabazz, and from NewsOne.com in the weeks and months to come.



No comments: