Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Thursday, August 21

Dog dies WHILE cop tickets couple speeding to the vet



I just read a story that almost made me cry, but also fills me with outrage.

I am not a PETA type person, but I am definitely an animal lover. I feel the connection with my cat that a lot of pet owners feel, and I don't know how I would have reacted if I were in this situation. I think if the cop had not made the 'it's just a dog' statement it might not have been so bad, but to compound his heartlessness in making them sit there while their dog died by making that statement? I know some people who would be waiting for him one day when he took off that uniform and gun! I don't care how little feeling you have for animals, how can anyone stand by and watch a dog DIE just so they can give out a ticket??

Then to add insult to injury, he was found not guilty of misconduct, even though his own police chief said his behavior was "less than stellar" and called it "a rookie MISTAKE"!!!

What is wrong with people? Police officers are supposed to be people first, and officers second; this was not the behavior nor the attitude of someone that I want protecting me and my home and family, and if the people of that town had good sense they wouldn't either.

No comments: