Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Monday, August 18

With the big to-do now about the high cost of gas, there are a ton of tips coming out about ways to cut your gas usage, usually something like carpooling or riding a bike to work. Suppose you can't ride a bike though, for whatever reason? (I work 25 miles from home and can't ride a bike 25 feet due to age, lack of exercise, and smoking for over 30 years!) Suppose you just can't find a carpooling solution that works, or even though you're carpooling, when it's your week to drive you find you're still spending a lot in gas? (That's me!) Well, I found an article that gives some pretty good tips on ways to cut down on how much gas you burn. Of course there are still the well-known tips about what you can do to your car to improve your gas mileage, as well as some info about tune-ups that isn't quite as well known. (How a spark plug wire can cause you to burn more gas.) I think these are some pretty good tips to use; even though gas prices are not rising right at this moment, they're still high, and who's to say they won't go back up again?

2 comments:

Lori said...

Pookie,

Any tips nowadays about saving a penny here and there is useful. I also don't trust the fuel prices. Right now they are down, but who knows what tomorrow will bring? This is probably the most dollar conscious that I have ever been in my life. I do happen to see alot more people on bikes these days. Good for the environment...I think if we all collectively make an effort, no matter how small, it will make a difference...

Wanda J said...

You know, the biggest difference I think we can make is to stop making the demand so high, which will make the price go down. The only problem with that though, is that other than bike-riding, which isn't always feasible, you can't get away from using gas. The buses use gas, the subway uses it, (don't they?) so there's always a demand for fuel. I guess we can lower the demand though, if we stop buying these gas-guzzler cars and start car-pooling and using other methods to travel.

BTW, I filled up the other day for 3.49 a gallon; what's gas like where you live?